Canoeing from Colomers to Sobrànigues
This activity is no longer available
We suggest you check the following activities similar to "Canoeing from Colomers to Sobrànigues"
Enjoy a great of adventures kayaking in the middle of Ter River from Colomers to Verges
Sport, a beautiful landscape, the sea, fun... Discover the most hidden places of Illes Medes.
You can always find a good moment to do any kind of activity related to the sea. Activity available all year long.
We will visit the best coves and caves of Lloret de Mar and the South Costa Brava
Virgin coves populated only with pines that reach the coastline. A contrast to the crystal clear waters of Palamós.
This time we suggest you row across the western part of Ter river, from Colomers to Sobrànigues. It's a really quiet route as the water is kept still because of the floodgate of Colomers built during the 16th century.
You'll do this activity with Canadian canoes instead of kayaks. Canoes are very stable too and because of their base (higher than that of a kayak), it will be difficult for you to get wet.
This part of the river opens from the 1st of July until October. Before, from the 15th of March to the beginning of July, it's closed as the birds and other fauna of the are nesting.
Besides, depending on the age of all the people willing to do the activity (specially if they are kids), they will benefit from a special discount on the price of the route.
Take a look at our supplement section!
If you are interested in discovering the eastern part of the Ter river and head to Verges, take a look at this route: • Kayaking route across Ter river from Colomers to Verges
Conditions of Canoeing from Colomers to Sobrànigues
Depending on the season of the year, certain sections of the river are closed in order to help the nesting of the birds of the area. That's why this route is only open from July to October. Depending on the weather conditions, specially if it's very windy, this part of the river can be closed and, the route can be cancelled. In this case, we recommend you to take the eastern route (to Verges).
This activity takes about one hour and a half.
All routes are available from 9am to 5pm. Please, use the "Comments" field during your booking process to let us know when you want to do this activity.
The price of these activity includes:
- The rental of the canoes, with capacity for two adults and one or two kids. They are very stable and it will be difficult for you to get wet as their base is higher than kayaks
- An introductory class with an instructor that will guide you to the river and will show you the basic rowing technique as well as safety tips. The whole route will be self guided
- Safety vests
- Waterproof bags in order to keep dry all your personal items
- Transfer to the starting point once your route is over
We recommend you to bring:
- A swimsuit or clothes that can get wet
- Special shoes (crocs, closed flops, old sneakers)
- Sunscreen and a cap or something similar in order to protect your head from the sun, compulsory during summer
- In case the weather wasn't the best (rain or wind), it's important to bring a thin windstopper
|Telephone:||(+34) 972 18 32 46 / (+34) 639 45 72 46|
|Timetable:||from 9 am to 7 pm|